Saturday 1 June 2013

Cod Fish with home made soy sauce ~ Chinese Cooking Style

 
When I visited China, I like to eat their soya sauce dish, the taste is slightly different from those I ate in Singapore and the sauce is a perfect match for eating rice. You know...I love to eat RICE, so I always keep a look out for the perfect match....
 
I saw the soy sauce recipe from a famous chef recipe book and so I incorporated it with my pan fried cod fish.
 
Ingredients:

For the cod fish:
- Cod Fish (quantity depend on yourself the soy sauce can cook for quite a big quantity)
- Salt & pepper

For the home-made soy sauce:
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 spring onion (scallion) cut into short length
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves
- 320 ml chicken stock
- 70 ml light soy sauce
- a dash of dark soy sauce
- 45g rock sugar
 
Direction:
1. Marinade cod fish with salt and pepper.
2. Pan fried both sides of the cod fish till cooked around 6-8 min depens on the size (the fish is cooked when you can push the chopstick in the meat).
3. Set aside the fish while you preparing the sauce.
4. Heat oil in a pan and stir fry ginger, spring onion and corriander till fragrant. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
5. Strain and pour over the cod fish. Add some bird chilli for presentation.
 
Note: This sauce recipe should produce quite a large quantity. You can keep the sauce for other dishes for 2-3 days later or maybe try to cook half portion.
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More