Monday 7 July 2014

上湯娃娃菜 ~ Braised Chinese Cabbage in Superior Broth

Baby Cabbage in Premium Stock

I get to know this dish in China and I am really loving it, so I am recreating it in my own kitchen. Frankly speaking I am not too sure about the English name, so I hope I dun get it too wrong :). 

Actually I want to add dried scallop too, but I found out that I don't have any in my kitchen so I replaced it with dried shrimp. 

Of cos if you do not have the time to do chicken stock, you can use those sell in package. 

Ingredients
300g Chinese Baby Cabbage (washed and cut into half)
250ml Chicken Stock
200ml water 
Ham (sliced in strips)
1 preserved egg (cut into small dices)
Few slices of ginger
2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
2tsp dried shrimp/dried scallop (soak in water for at least 1hr)
1-2tsp Goji 

Direction
1. Blanch the baby cabbage for 3-5 min. Take out and arrange in a bowl.
2. Heat wok with 1 tbsp of oil, sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant, add dried shrimp, preserved egg and ham and stir fried until fragrant. 
3. Add chicken stock and water and cook until boil. Add Goji and cook for awhile. Turn off the heat and pour over the bowl of cabbage.
4. Steam for 5-7 min and ready to be served.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More